The Services may provide links to other websites or services. Please be aware that we do not control the data collection, use, and disclosure policies of those other services. You should exercise caution when accessing such services, and should read their privacy policies in order to understand what information they collect about you, how they use it and to whom they disclose it.
The personal data in the Platform derives from a variety of publicly and/or commercially available third-party sources, including without limitation government publications and documents (such as U.S. and international sanctions and watch lists, court records, and indictments), corporate and nonprofit records, books and news media, and regulatory filings.
This personal data is available for use by authorized Platform subscribers in connection with their compliance requirements and other internal business purposes. Subscribers are subject to contractual restrictions on their use of Platform data. Subscribers are advised that they should do independent checks to verify the accuracy of data, that they are responsible for their own business decisions, and that they should not draw inferences based solely on the inclusion or exclusion of an individual or entity in the Platform.
We have in place processes designed to maintain the accuracy of the personal data in the Platform. Due to the nature of the Platform, however, such data may become outdated or contain errors.
To notify us of errors, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request supporting information or documentation to help us evaluate your request that we correct an error. Each request will be evaluated on its own merits.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In addition, when you visit or use the Services, we may collect information about you and the computer or device you use to access the Services in a variety of ways:
- You may provide us information directly, such as your name, e-mail address, and login credentials.
- We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for various purposes, including:
- To provide you with products, services, or other materials you request.
- To communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions, including to provide you with notices about your account.
- To manage and improve our products, services, and offerings, including analyzing the use of the Services and customizing your experience with the Services.
- To protect the security and integrity of the Services.
- To enforce our legal rights.
Sharing of Information
We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- We may share personal data among our affiliated companies.
- We rely on third-party service providers to perform contractual services on our behalf. To do so, we may need to share your information with them.
- There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies or terms governing theServices, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our respective affiliates, customers, users, or employees.
- We may disclose your information to a third party in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party.
- We may share your information when you consent to or request such sharing.
As noted above, authorized subscribers have access to personal data in the Platform. In addition, we also may share with third parties data that is not linked to an identified individual or device, such as information that has been aggregated with other records.
Protection of Information
We have implemented technical, administrative and physical measures intended to secure your information. Although we take steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file that may be stored on your computer or other device. It enables the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize it across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions. Please click the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about how to change your cookie preferences.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons and similar technologies are small bits of code that are embedded in web pages, ads, and e-mail that communicate with third parties. We may use web beacons, for example, to count the number of users who have visited a web page and to understand usage patterns.
- Other Technologies. There are other local storage and Internet technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, that can be used to store information about your activities and preferences across different services and sessions. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here.
Users Outside the United States
Please be aware that information you provide us may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to the laws of the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to laws in your country of residence.
To Contact Us